Articles on this Page
- 08/04/18--13:54: _Laura Hoffman to Sp...
- 09/07/18--20:14: _Peter Gifford – Fea...
- 09/16/18--15:26: _Mindy Schauer to Sp...
- 10/03/18--21:00: _Sandra Crantz – Fe...
- 10/12/18--19:19: _Ralph Nordstrom to ...
- 10/14/18--19:19: _Near Miss and A Gre...
- 10/14/18--19:22: _Sunset at the San C...
- 11/07/18--18:58: _Bob Greenberg – Fea...
- 12/31/18--20:08: _2019 Monthly Challe...
- 01/18/19--06:50: _Lee Sie to Speak Fe...
- 09/07/18--20:14: Peter Gifford – Featured Photographer – September 2018
- 09/16/18--15:26: Mindy Schauer to Speak October 3rd, 6:00PM, Murray Center
- 10/03/18--21:00: Sandra Crantz – Featured Photographer – October 2018
- 10/14/18--19:22: Sunset at the San Clemente Pier by William Winters
- 11/07/18--18:58: Bob Greenberg – Featured Photographer – November 2018
- 12/31/18--20:08: 2019 Monthly Challenge Rules
- 01/18/19--06:50: Lee Sie to Speak Feb. 6th
Our Speaker for September will be a longtime friend of SCPC – Laura Hoffman. Laura is an illustrator, commercial photographer and credentialed photography instructor. She has a Master of Fine Arts degree from California State University Fullerton and holds two full-time teaching credentials in Career and Technical Education and Adult Education. Laura has a lifelong […]
Peter is an avid photographer who has been traveling all over the world for the past 3 years. Please see his shared photos here
Our speaker for October is Mindy Schauer Mindy Schauer is an award-winning photojournalist for the Orange County Register. As a general-interest news photographer, she documents everyone and everything, from poverty in the hollows of West Virginia, to sports heroes and celebrities in Hollywood. She has covered Hurricane Andrew, California wildfires, Pope Francis, four presidents, and religious […]
Sandra’s Photographic Story: I consider myself to be an enthusiastic hobbyist My passion, before photography, was golf. I was playing four times a week, it can be addictive, but so is photography. They are both time consuming, can be expensive, but over time, photography became my passion and golf fell by the wayside. I started […]
Accomplished Nature Photographer, Ralph Nordstrom, is the featured speaker at our November 7, 2018 Meeting at the Norman P Murray Center in Mission Viejo. He will speak to us on the 4 pillars of landscape photography, and will share some insights into the work of Ansel Adams. An artistic family, a love of the outdoors, […]
Read about Bob’s photographic journey below: From a young age I loved looking at my Dad’s pictures from WWII Europe, and picked up my first Brownie at around age 5. Like most kids I got bored and didn’t shoot again until I had kids when I got my first “real” camera, a Canon AE1. Then […]
The monthly challenge will be announced in the first newsletter of the month. Images for the monthly challenge must be shot after the challenge is issued (no archival work) and must be completed (uploaded) by 11:59pm the last Sunday before our meeting. Upload only one image per competition. No watermarks. If you know how, please put your name in […]
Lee Sie will speak at our Regular South County Photo Club meeting on 2/6/2019, 6PM at the Murray Center in Mission Viejo. Lee Sie was born in Utrecht Netherlands, grew up in Northern California, and now resides in San Diego, California. Each place had a different look and feel; and, in some ineffable way, has […]