Articles on this Page
- 04/15/18--14:30: _Peter Phun – May 2n...
- 04/27/18--12:17: _Jaime’s Hot Tips – ...
- 05/02/18--18:23: _John Livingston – F...
- 05/03/18--12:22: _Jaime’s Hot Tips — ...
- 05/13/18--11:20: _Erin Manning – Will...
- 05/17/18--17:09: _Jaime’s Hot Tips – ...
- 05/24/18--13:40: _Jaime’s Hit Tips – ...
- 06/01/18--12:56: _Jaime’s Hot Tips – ...
- 06/06/18--18:30: _Steve DiAnda – Feat...
- 07/16/18--11:56: _Rick Graves – Will ...
- 08/01/18--18:49: _Amir Moshfegh – Fea...
- 08/04/18--13:54: _Laura Hoffman to Sp...
- 09/07/18--20:14: _Peter Gifford – Fea...
- 09/16/18--15:26: _Mindy Schauer to Sp...
- 10/03/18--21:00: _Sandra Crantz – Fe...
- 10/12/18--19:19: _Ralph Nordstrom to ...
- 10/14/18--19:19: _Near Miss and A Gre...
- 10/14/18--19:22: _Sunset at the San C...
- 11/07/18--18:58: _Bob Greenberg – Fea...
- 12/31/18--20:08: _2019 Monthly Challe...
- 04/27/18--12:17: Jaime’s Hot Tips – Photo Ops for April 27th-29th
- 05/02/18--18:23: John Livingston – Featured Photographer – May 2018
- 05/03/18--12:22: Jaime’s Hot Tips — May 4th – 6th
- 05/13/18--11:20: Erin Manning – Will Speak June 6th @ Norman P. Murray Center
- 05/17/18--17:09: Jaime’s Hot Tips – May 18-20, 2018
- 05/24/18--13:40: Jaime’s Hit Tips – May 25 – 28
- 06/01/18--12:56: Jaime’s Hot Tips – June 1-3
- 06/06/18--18:30: Steve DiAnda – Featured Photographer – June 2018
- 07/16/18--11:56: Rick Graves – Will Speak August 1st @ Norman P. Murray Center
- 08/01/18--18:49: Amir Moshfegh – Featured Photographer – August 2018
- 09/07/18--20:14: Peter Gifford – Featured Photographer – September 2018
- 09/16/18--15:26: Mindy Schauer to Speak October 3rd, 6:00PM, Murray Center
- 10/03/18--21:00: Sandra Crantz – Featured Photographer – October 2018
- 10/14/18--19:22: Sunset at the San Clemente Pier by William Winters
- 11/07/18--18:58: Bob Greenberg – Featured Photographer – November 2018
- 12/31/18--20:08: 2019 Monthly Challenge Rules
Our speaker for May is Peter Phun, a Southern California-based freelance photographer with over 2 decades of newspaper experience. He has taught photography at Riverside City College, UC Riverside Extension Center, La Sierra University, Art Institute Inland Empire, and the Riverside Art Museum. Besides freelancing for publications, he also specializes in location portraiture and weddings, and […]
This weekend, we have a number of events ranging from Chalk art to Boats to Cars. This weekend at the Norman P Murray Community Center in Mission Viejo, the annual Arts Alive Festival returns with an amazing assortment of artists displaying their chalk art talent on the Center’s parking lot along with a number of […]
The Story of John Livingston’s Photographic Journey… Unlike many of you, I’ve only been shooting for four years. Even so, wow! Was it really hard to limit the story of my photography to simply 30 images. I shoot a lot of things but this evening I’m just going to share the milestones with you. I […]
There are a number of photo activities this weekend to take advantage of. The main one that has received some interest is for the Atlas Rocket launch scheduled for early Saturday morning around 4AM out of Vandenberg AFB near Lompoc. Due to weather conditions, the launch schedule may be compromised this Saturday. As of Thursday morning, the launch alert indicates […]
Our guest speaker for June is the photographer, author, and educator Erin Manning. You may know her as the photography expert and host of DIY Networks Telly Award-winning TV series The Whole Picture. In addition to creating and hosting the syndicated Digital Photography 101 video series, she is the author of two photography books with Wiley and multiple online courses with Lynda.com and Creative Live. Erin will be presenting Travel Photo […]
Howdy Folks, After out for a week on business, it is great to be back to pass on this weekend’s Photo opportunities to you all. This is a reminder, I will be having the quarterly outings meeting this coming Monday, May 21 at the Corner Bakery on El Toro. Link location provided below: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Corner+Bakery+Cafefirstname.lastname@example.org,-117.7022689,191m/data=!3m2!1e3!5s0x80dce8f09cec32ed:0x881f1844a04777a0!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x77d9d4b7bbfc5876!2sCorner+Bakery+Cafe!8m2!3d33.6180799!4d-117.7025103!3m4!1s0x0:0x77d9d4b7bbfc5876!8m2!3d33.6180799!4d-117.7025103 I have drawn up a […]
With the three day holiday weekend coming up for some of us, there are no scheduled SCPC outings. I have been working feverishly with fellow members to line up a variety of club outings for this Summer and Fall. The first two weekends of June, we have a real treat. Our former […]
Temecula Balloon Festival This fun-filled three day event offers early morning Hot Air Balloon Flights, an evening Balloon Glow, Wine Tastings, Craft Beer Tastings, a Kids Faire as well as a Commercial Court with over 150 vendors – and a Food Court filled with your favorite Festival foods! When: Friday-Sunday June 1-3 Where: Lake Skinner Regional Park 37701 […]
Hello everyone, the first thing I want to say is how surprised I was theSCPC board selected me to be the featured photographer for this month. Thank you. The story about my interest in photography is a little different than most, in that I was interested in lenses and not so much photography. My career […]
Our guest speaker for the August 1 meeting, Rick Graves, is an advertising cinematographer who is recognized industry-wide as an authority in capturing high-energy action imagery. His quest to capture images of speed led him to develop a novel camera system dubbed DistaCam. His self-built apparatus exposes an entire roll of film as one single frame, […]
Photography is the bridge between past, now, and feature. To freeze the moments of life, love, the connection to keep the memories alive. These are the reasons my passion was shifted to be a photographer. My interest in photography is not only limited to one subject. I believe a photographer can enjoy and create moments […]
Our Speaker for September will be a longtime friend of SCPC – Laura Hoffman. Laura is an illustrator, commercial photographer and credentialed photography instructor. She has a Master of Fine Arts degree from California State University Fullerton and holds two full-time teaching credentials in Career and Technical Education and Adult Education. Laura has a lifelong […]
Peter is an avid photographer who has been traveling all over the world for the past 3 years. Please see his shared photos here
Our speaker for October is Mindy Schauer Mindy Schauer is an award-winning photojournalist for the Orange County Register. As a general-interest news photographer, she documents everyone and everything, from poverty in the hollows of West Virginia, to sports heroes and celebrities in Hollywood. She has covered Hurricane Andrew, California wildfires, Pope Francis, four presidents, and religious […]
Sandra’s Photographic Story: I consider myself to be an enthusiastic hobbyist My passion, before photography, was golf. I was playing four times a week, it can be addictive, but so is photography. They are both time consuming, can be expensive, but over time, photography became my passion and golf fell by the wayside. I started […]
Accomplished Nature Photographer, Ralph Nordstrom, is the featured speaker at our November 7, 2018 Meeting at the Norman P Murray Center in Mission Viejo. He will speak to us on the 4 pillars of landscape photography, and will share some insights into the work of Ansel Adams. An artistic family, a love of the outdoors, […]
Read about Bob’s photographic journey below: From a young age I loved looking at my Dad’s pictures from WWII Europe, and picked up my first Brownie at around age 5. Like most kids I got bored and didn’t shoot again until I had kids when I got my first “real” camera, a Canon AE1. Then […]
The monthly challenge will be announced in the first newsletter of the month. Images for the monthly challenge must be shot after the challenge is issued (no archival work) and must be completed (uploaded) by 11:59pm the last Sunday before our meeting. Upload only one image per competition. No watermarks. If you know how, please put your name in […]